To protect and safeguard our water sources, each of our wells is lined with multiple concentric layers of steel and cement casing to ensure proper well construction and integrity.
We double check the integrity of each well by pressure testing each well before beginning the completions process.
Drinking water must be protected. Extraction meets and often exceeds industry standards to protect groundwater, following the regulations developed by local, state and federal agencies.
To protect water, Extraction:
- Conducts baseline water-quality testing
- Constructs wells with multiple layers of steel pipe and cement
- Applies liners and protective berms to pad sites during drilling and completions
- Always strives to operate in compliance with, or exceed, all local, state and federal regulatory guidelines state and federal regulatory guidelines
Testing and Inspection
- Miles of impenetrable rock acts as a barrier
- Three layers of pipe and cement protect the external water
- Completions occur over a mile below the surface
- Routine integrity testing and inspection ensure nothing goes out of, or into, the well. We conduct baseline sampling of ground water within a ½ mile radius of our sites before and after operations
In January 2013, the Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (COGCC) approved the most rigorous statewide mandatory groundwater sampling and monitoring rules in the United States: They are the only rules that require water sampling before and after operations.