Project & Engineering Lead
Perform activities necessary to manage the development and execution of a broad range of midstream facility projects including high pressure transmission pipeline, compression, storage, gathering and processing.
- Senior planning and design manager for midstream, including gathering pipe, central facilities, central compression, and connections to sales/outlet
- Support construction, commissioning and start-up aspects of all projects
- Work integrally with XOG development, production and facility teams to accommodate master development plans and connect with well/pad facilities
- Lead with 3rd party midstream and/or equity backed companies on design, implementation of all joint midstream projects
- Assist with commercial terms and negotiations, provide technical input to midstream commercial team
- Manage projects to deliver on-schedule, on cost and ensure exceptional first year and beyond operating efficiency
- Robust facility designs, incorporating standards and process safety components required for asset integrity, at highest value and least optimal cost.
- Maximize product recovery value to XOG in facility and midstream designs
- Apply new technologies to designs to add value and/or improve safety and compliance
- Meet all compliance requirements (e.g., air permits, USR applications, landowner agreements, etc.)
- Keeper of central water disposal and recycling plan, ensuring adequate volume takeaway, central recycling as warranted
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related area; PE preferred
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience managing midstream facility and pipeline projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing deadlines
- Previous DJ Basin experience preferred
- Frequent visits to field (~40%)
- Works in office setting approximately 60% of the time
- May be exposed to and be able to drive in adverse weather conditions including snow, rain, ice, wind, heat, flooding, etc.
- Use of computer equipment on a regular basis
- May be exposed to high level noise and high pressure natural gas and/or fluids