Inventory and Materials Control Administrator (Contract Position)
The Inventory and Materials Control Administrator (Contract Position) is responsible for handling all goods entering and leaving XOG inventory locations. This position will receive goods into inventory, ensure that goods leaving are accounted for, transfer goods between locations, and perform monthly inventory audits to align actual inventory counts to financial records. Purchasing activities include sourcing, supplier inquiries, bid/quote evaluation, purchase requisition creation, MRO goods purchasing and management in accordance with defined processes and procedures. Significant cross-functional teamwork and communication will be key to this position.
- Collaborates with Project Managers, Construction Managers and Engineers to gather and understand material requirements and recommends suppliers and action;
- Works in partnership with buyer in corporate headquarters to manage and maintain tangible goods purchases for DJ Basin region through a formal procurement process;
- Partners with Operations Managers to source & purchase MRO goods after obtaining proper approvals;
- Processes Material Transfers and facilitates communication with other key business functions to provide visibility of inventory (e.g. Operations, & Property Accounting);
- Writes, examines and analyzes purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy of information; contacts originator to complete, or for clarification; determines best method to process requisition based on dollar amount, timeliness required, existing open contracts, and/or competitive bidding procedures;
- Assist buyer in Purchase Order reconciliation for mismatches;
- Assist with Vendor Price Catalog analysis in preparation for upload to accounting system.
- Will be required to increase inventory accuracy through establishing standard operating procedures and processes.
- Receives, stages, stores, and issues inventory;
- Performs periodic inventory inspections and conducts inventory cycle counting to maintain confidence in inventory amounts locations at all sites;
- Follow safe operating practices and ensure compliance with XOG Environment, Health & Safety requirements;
- Ensures appropriate controls are in place according to XOG’s purchasing policies;
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- At least 3 years oil field experience with heavy emphasis on material, equipment and operations and a purchasing background.
- Knowledge of Oil and Gas industry equipment, technology and operations;
- Ability to work and communicate with a high level of customer focus across departments and job functions within the organization;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Moderate PC skills;
- Attention to accurate detail.